52 Weeks of Personal Genealogy & History #9 ~ Sounds

Week 9: Sounds. Describe any sounds that take you back to your childhood. These could be familiar songs, jingles, children playing, or something entirely different.


Thinking back on sounds that remind me of my childhood, there are quite a few!  Many of them remind me of my Grandmother Hilda Laws (nee Anderson).  Nana was a big tea drinker, something I have inherited!  I can remember hearing the sound of her whistling tea kettle many times a day.  I have fond memories of sitting with Nana for tea and cookies.
Nana was an avid knitter when I was very young and the clicking sound of the knitting needles remind me of sitting with her in the evenings.
The sound a horse harness makes when a team is hooked up always reminds me of my Dad.  He used horses when working in the bush, pulling firewood logs out.  The jingle of the chains brings me right back to being knee high watching Dad pull the huge logs out.  Well they looked huge at the time. lol


Other general sounds:
1.  Theme songs to Sesame Street and Mr. Dressup.
2.  Whistle of the train when it passed near out home.
3.  Croaking frogs from the swamp near out home.

Labels: