SNGF ~ The Date My Grandmother Was Born – Mary Hilda Anderson 1915-2006

Randy Seaver at Genea-Musings has shared another great Saturday night genealogy fun challenge!
For this week's mission (should you decide to accept it), I challenge you to:1)  What day of the week was your Grandmother born (either one)? Tell us how you found out.
2)  What event was a headline in the newspapers on that date?  Tell us how you found out.
3) What has happened in recorded history on your Grandmother's birth date (day and month)? Tell us how you found out, and list five events.
4)  What famous people have been born on your Grandmother's birth date?  Tell us how you found out, and list five of them.
5)  Put your responses in your own blog post, in a comment on this blog post, or in a status or comment on Facebook.
For this challenge I decided to do my maternal Grandmother since she was born in March!  My Grandmother Mary Hilda Anderson was born March 16h, 1915 in Chatham, New Brunswick to parents Karl Oskar Andersson (AKA Joseph Oscar Anderson) and Alma (Emma) Robichaud.
1.  Grandma Hilda was born on a Tuesday and interestingly enough I found out that the calendar in 1915 is the same as it will be in 2021!  I found this out on the website About My Birthday.
2.  To find a headline from a newspaper for the day or week Grandma was born I couldn’t check a New Brunswick paper since they are not online as far as I know.  So I checked The Charlottetown Guardian Moring Daily paper from P.E.I. I used the website Island Newspapers
The headlines read Notorious Dresden Sent To The Bottom, Yesterday In The House Of Commons and Lord Kitchener Reviews Situation.

The Charlottetown Guardian cover

 
3.  To look for historical events that took place on the day my Grandmother was born I checked Wikipedia.  There was a huge list!  These are 5 I picked out.
4.  To find famous people who were born on March 16 I also checked Wikipedia.










Labels: , ,